Following a gluten free diet when we travel is crucial for many people with allergies. Also more and more of us are trying to live a more healthy lifestyle and diet is high on the list. Even if you’re not on a “diet” you are likely conscientious about what you eat or if someone in your family has an allergy or intolerance to some type of food.
- Have you ever wondered how you were going to travel and avoid the foods you cannot have or choose not to have?
- Have you ever wondered whether you can find all inclusive resorts that can accommodate your special needs?
Don't let special food requirements stop you from seeing some of the best vacation spots in the world. Let us help you find the perfect all inclusive resort of your "diet" dreams.
4 Top Gluten Free Diet Tips On Traveling To All Inclusive Resorts
- Top #1 Tip: The most important tip is to inform us of your gluten free requirements and allow us to recommend the all inclusive resort to suit your needs. We then contact the resort to ensure it is prepared to accommodate your needs. Many all inclusive a la carte resorts offer gluten free side dishes you can combine with fish or meat.
- Tip #2: I suggest you type up the following "gluten free diet" note, make a few copies and keep them with you to hand out to the Public Relations Manager, your concierge or butler, restaurant wait staff and even the chef.
- Tip #2 A: Your English version: Dear Sir or Madam: I am allergic to gluten, therefore it is not possible for me consume food or drinks that contain barley, rye, semolina, durum wheat, etc. and the food that I eat may not have been in contact with any type of food that contains gluten. For this, it is very important to wash hands properly and the surface that may contaminate the food I'm going to consume. Thank you in advance for your support and time to prepare my food to avoid that I get sick during my stay.
- Tip #2 B: Spanish Translation for your contact people: Estimada (o) Sr/ Sra: Soy alérgico al gluten, por lo tanto me es imposible consumir alimentos o bebidas que contengan cebada, centeno, sémola, trigo, etc. Tampoco los alimentos que consuma no pueden haber estado en contacto con ningún tipo de alimento que contenga gluten. Para esto, es muy importante que se lave las manos correctamente y las superficies que puedan contaminar los alimentos que voy a consumir. Agradezco de antemano su apoyo y tiempo para preparar mis alimentos para evitar que pueda enfermarme durante mi estancia.
- Tip #2 C: If you want to change the note to fit your individual needs use Google Translator to make it your own.
- Tip #2 D: If you have any food allergies or sensitivities and need a special diet, all resorts can accommodate that but we have some resorts that will be able to provide you with a wider variety of options and still avoid the foods you cannot consume.
- Tip #3: Avoid buffet all inclusive resorts. Choose a resort that has more a la carte dining options than buffet. Some all inclusive resorts that have strict reservation requirements, restrictions on the number of a la carte restaurants you can dine at or mostly buffet restaurant type resorts will likely cause you problems because they need to provide more mass produced meals.
- Tip #4: Choose all inclusive resorts which pride themselves in food quality and ample a la carte choices. These all inclusive resorts in Mexico, Caribbean Islands and Central America such as Dreams Riviera, Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, El Dorado Royale, Azul Beach Hotel & Azul Sensatori are perfect for travelers with a specific diet plan. All Sandals, Beaches and Couples Resorts are also excellent all inclusive resort choices.
Please be sure to let us know before you travel if you have any food issues that we should make the resort aware of. We will be happy to take care of communicating with the resorts on any of those special requests for you.
If you have any questions about which all inclusive resorts are better for special diets or a gluten free diet, call our Sunseekers All Inclusive Resorts Travel Team at 1-877-505-5515 or send us an e-mail.comments powered by Disqus